We, at Iko Solutions Ltd ("Iko", "we", "us", or "our") take data protection seriously. Your privacy is important to us. We adhere to legal and regulatory requirements around data privacy. The use of IKO Internet pages, as well as its products and services, is not possible without the provision of some personal data. Therefore, if you wish to use certain services via our website, processing of your personal data could become necessary. We are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice carefully. Please contact us with any questions or concerns about our privacy practices.
On IKO websites, you can buy products, access our exam resources, and subscribe to our e-newsletters. This Notice outlines our practices to help you make decisions about the personal data you provide anywhere on our websites.
The following are the definitions used in this Privacy Notice:
IKO Privacy Notice 1 of 7
4. Purposes for Processing Personal Data
We collect personal data to:
5. Sharing of Personal Data
6. Legal Basis for Processing
The following list describes our legal basis for the processing of personal data:
7. Security of Processing
As the Controller, IKO has implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure personal data processed remains secure. The measures include:
8. Data Breach
We take steps to properly secure your data. If we suspect a data breach, we will promptly engage a data forensics specialist. The specialist will determine if a breach occurred and what data, if any, has been compromised. In the event of a personal data security breach, the supervisory authority and/or you will be notified.
9. TransfersThe information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the one where you reside or your economic area, such as the European Economic Area. The most common reason that we may transfer your data is that we have our website host in a different country or area from your location. Staff operating outside your country or region of residence may also process your personal information. Processing of your data in this way is likely to occur when we use a supplier. For example, the United States is home to our payment processing provider, and so all user data is transferred to the US for processing. If we transfer or store your data outside your country or area in which you reside, we will take steps towards ensuring that your data is protected, both in transit as well as when it is stored and processed. IKO Privacy Notice 4 of 7
10. Data Retention, Statistics, and Cookies
11. Your Data Rights
As a Data Subject, you have rights that you can ascertain at any time at no cost. You can request us to provide you with the data that we have collected about you. If you think the data is incorrect, you can request to have the data corrected or supplemented. You have the right to request the copy of your data in machine-readable format. You have the right to withdraw your consent. You have the right to be “forgotten”. This means that you can ask us to delete all personal data that we collected about you, unless the law prohibits us from doing so. You have the right to be notified of a data breach if that breach exposes your personal data. If such a data breach happens, we will notify authorities about that. If you think that processing of your personal data breaks the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
12. Your Contractual Obligation to Provide the Personal Data and the Possible Consequences of Failure to Provide Such Data The provision of personal data is partly required by law (e.g. tax regulations) or can also result from contractual provisions (e.g. information on the contractual partner). To conclude a contract, for example when you buy a service or product from us, it may sometimes be necessary that you provide us with your personal data. If you do not provide us with your personal data, we may be unable to conclude the contract with you. IKO Privacy Notice 5 of 7
13. Use of Our ForumWhen posting on our forum:
We may transfer our rights under this Privacy Notice where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected. If any court or competent authority finds that a provision of this Privacy Notice (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted. However, the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Privacy Notice will not be affected. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omissions by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
15. How to Contact Us
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this Privacy Notice. Please do not hesitate to contact us at: IKO Solutions LTD IKO Centre, Eastern bypass Nairobi Kenya Phone: +254-701-733-333 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kcpe.co.ke / www.iko.co.ke